Disasters can disrupt our way of life and cause unexpected problems that are out of our control. Between 2018 and 2020 alone, there was over $230 billion in damage caused by natural disasters. One way we can reduce the impact unexpected events have is by setting up a business continuity or disaster recovery plan we can follow before disaster strikes.
Although this doesn’t always eliminate complications completely, it can minimize the devastating effects. When a business has a disaster recovery plan in place, they are better able to handle any type of emergency that may come its way, whether it’s a natural disaster or security breach.
This type of incident response plan is designed to help a company protect their data, as well as continue to operate even in the midst of a crisis.
What is a Disaster Recovery Plan?
Disaster recovery plans are documents or sets of instructions that help companies deal with unexpected emergencies. They usually include a description of the company’s data and systems, as well as steps that need to be taken in order to keep the business running.
These plans are important for businesses because they can help protect data and keep the company stable in the event of an emergency. They can be especially helpful for companies that rely on technology, as they help them recover from data loss or system damage.
When creating a disaster recovery plan specific to your business, you should evaluate your company’s specific needs and figure out what information you’re trying to protect. At Alt-Tech we can help review your business needs and help you recover lost data in the event of a natural disaster, hardware failure or cyber attack with managed backup and data recovery services.
What Threats Affect Your Business?
Canadian businesses face a number of challenges and threats. From economic uncertainty to the ever-changing landscape of technology, it can be difficult to keep up. Here are some of the most common threats facing businesses today:
- Cyber Attacks: Canadian businesses are increasingly the targets of cyber attacks. These can include hacking, phishing, and malware.
- Economic Uncertainty: The global economy is always in flux, and Canadian businesses must be prepared for changes. This can include fluctuations in the stock market, interest rates, and currency values.
- Competition: With businesses getting more and more creative, competition is fierce. To stay ahead, businesses need to constantly innovate and find new ways to stand out from the crowd.
- Regulatory Changes: Governments are always changing regulations, which can have a big impact on businesses. Whether it’s environmental regulations or tax laws, businesses need to be able to adapt quickly.
- Technology Changes: Technology is always evolving, and businesses must embrace this to keep up. From new software to hardware to cyber threats evolving, businesses need to be prepared for change.
- Data breaches: Data breaches are becoming more and more common, and they can have serious consequences for businesses. If customer data is compromised, it can lead to loss of business, damage to reputation, and hefty fines.
What Businesses Should Have a Disaster Recovery Plan?
Because of the types of financial threats facing Canadian businesses today, no matter the size or responsibilities of a business, it needs to have a disaster recovery plan in place. Disasters of any type and severity can happen spontaneously and disrupt our way of life in ways we never expected.
Businesses need to be prepared for any type of emergency that may come their way, helping them avoid prolonged downtime and production delays, and ensuring that the company is back on its feet as soon as possible.
Working with a reputable IT company to set up a disaster recovery plan is the perfect way to be prepared for any type of disaster that could strike.
Create a Disaster Recovery Plan with Alt-Tech!
Disasters can become costly very quickly. Alt-Tech can help you create a comprehensive and customized disaster recovery plan specifically for your business needs. We work with you to evaluate your company’s needs and put together a plan that addresses all of your concerns.
Be prepared with a plan for any type of disaster. Contact Alt-Tech today to get started!