Author: Mollie Ruiz-Hopper
Go to Source
This week at IFA and leading into PAX, Dell announced new gaming PCs powered by Windows 10, new curved gaming monitors, and the Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet – designed with the uncompromised performance, flexibility and reliability needed for the world’s toughest jobs and harshest environments.
Let’s take a closer look at these devices:
Dell and Alienware new gaming rigs and monitors with Windows 10
This week, Dell and Alienware unveiled new products across the two lines: the Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop, Inspiron Gaming Desktop with new Clear Panel with Polar Blue LED lighting, and Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitors.
New Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop
Dell’s new Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop includes NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 discrete graphics and NVIDIA Max Q Design technology. The system has dual fans that keep the system cool and quiet while powering through challenging games. With the Windows 10 Creators Update, this laptop arrives with native, live game streaming through the Game bar with Mixer, Game Mode, to battle system resource contention, connect gamers with their gaming community through the Xbox app, DirectX 12 support, and more. Anti-glare IPS wide viewing angle FHD or 4K UHD display options provide excellent visual clarity while Waves MaxxAudio Pro software delivers precise audio imaging.
Other features include:
- Built-in fingerprint reader enabling Windows Hello for safe, easy login.
- New 2×2 WiFi antenna design provides great wireless performance while Dell’s SmartByte software prioritizes gaming and video content to keep games and videos smooth even during large file downloads
- Thunderbolt 3 multi-use port connects multiple devices (including support for up to two 4K displays) to the laptop with transfers up to 40Gbps.
Available on Dell.com in the US on Sept. 12 starting at $999 and 4K configurations starting at $1,449.
Inspiron Gaming Desktop with Windows 10 and new clear side panel
Dell’s Inspiron Gaming Desktop, which debuted this past May, now offers a clear side panel option to showcase the system’s internal components bathed in Polar Blue LED lighting. The system features the latest AMD multicore Ryzen processors with SenseMI, Ready for VR configs with AMD or NVIDIA discrete graphics cards, support for dual graphics, Waves MaxxAudio Pro with Performance 7.1 Channel HD audio, high-capacity hard drives with SSD and dual-drive options, plus up to five bays for storage upgrades. This built for gaming Dell desktop is equipped with the Xbox app and Direct X12, can take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere, and has your digital personal assistant Cortana* plus comprehensive security with Windows Defender built-in. In the US, prices start at $599 without a clear panel and the clear panel version launches in September starting at $649 SAPP. Ready for VR configs start at $1,249.
Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitors
Alienware will offer two 34-inch curved monitors built for performance gaming with a wider viewing area and ultrathin bezels. They deliver maximum field of view and sharper, clearer graphics. Both driven by NVIDIA G-SYNC, the Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor (AW3418DW) supports WQHD (3440 x 1440) resolution with a 120Hz refresh rate, and the Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor (AW3418HW) supports WFHD (2560 x 1080) resolution with a 160Hz refresh rate. Both monitors feature lightning-fast overclocked refresh rate, combined with 4ms response time, delivering ultra-smooth gameplay. Available in the US on August 30 for AW3418DW starting at $1,499 and late fall for AW3418HW starting at $1,199. Read more at Dell.com.
Dell Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet with Windows 10
Dell also announced the Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet powered by Windows 10, designed with the uncompromised performance, flexibility and reliability needed for the world’s toughest jobs and harshest environments. Whether it’s extreme cold, heat, humidity, corrosive sand or sea water, Dell’s latest Rugged Extreme tablet is designed to withstand the most brutal environments.
Other features include:
- 16GB of memory – double the amount of the previous generation
- Your apps will scale smoothly for easy navigation with Tablet Mode in Windows 10
- Up to 1TB of removable PCI-Express NVMe solid state storage for highly-mobile power users demanding best-in-class performance
- Sophisticated 4th generation Dell Quad-Cool passive and active thermal management system
- Freedom from wires with backwards compatible pogo docking for desk and vehicle, USB Type C connectivity with one wire docking, dedicated GPS communication and agnostic 4G LTE with double the mobile broadband performance**
- A multi-touch glove capable 11.6” display with a brilliant FHD panel and etched Gorilla Glass cover and Type-C USB 3.0 I/O for docking capability
- Lighter than the previous generation, weighing less than 3 lbs.
The Dell Latitude 7217 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet is now available globally. Learn more about Dell’s Rugged solutions at Dell.com/Rugged, and head over to this page on the Windows Blog to follow along with more coming out of IFA.
*Cortana available in select markets
**Updated for accuracy